First Chemo Infusion

 September 22, 2020

After Monday and Tuesday pushed together, it has taken me a little bit to get my brain to clear and function. I am sorry that there are so many of you that I have not updated, and I TRULY appreciate your patience. The love, prayers and lots of other kinds of support you have all offered me has been so uplifting and heart warming! 

Before I get into Tuesday's story, I want let you know how thankful and privileged I am to have these two beautiful humans call me Mimi! They are so incredibly loving and SMART!!! We've been open with them and they have been so loving and curious...props to mom and dad for raising such amazing kiddos! I love you Carter and Harper!


I'd also like to share the story of how I met Miss Jada! Some time ago, while I was wandering around Victoria's Secret, (oh, we've all been there...) I was lucky enough to meet this sassy saleswoman in her thigh high boots and long red hair. It was the most uplifting shopping experience I had ever had in VS. She spotted my strong suits and totally outfitted me with things I was comfortable in. Fast forward a few more shopping trips and summer arrived...and brought Claire home with it. Through being co-workers, she and Claire became friends...and Jada remains a friend to me as well. I have now been blessed to have this sweet woman in my home for dinner...who'd have thought?? Here's the precious message I received from Jada the other day. Such powerful inspiration!


There have been so many beautifully uplifting messages and I thank everyone of you! I love you!

About Wednesday:  I am feeling pretty good today! Mostly brain fog and fatigue. 

About Tuesday (first chemo): I had an amazing group of nurses at the ready. We laughed and were serious. They were thorough and made sure I had all of the information I needed. My oncologist came and visited to make sure I was doing alright. My rock, my Bruce, was right there with me the whole time! The Kelsey Oncology Clinic set up is very efficient. My doctor's office is literally connected to the infusion center. Complete circle of care. Plus it's just 20 minutes from our house, so not too much time in the car.

I am back to typing this at 4:30 am on Thursday. Yesterday came and went in a whirl. I had a very good day with regard to symptoms, but I was very tired and needed to get a lot done with insurance papers and follow up filing things online. 

Bruce's sweet sister, Judy (my sister too!) was my dinner fairy! She came to visit and leave delicious chicken and dumplings, cornbread, and pea salad. **Big smile on Mr. Carter's face when he got home!** A big thank you to you, Judy. 💖

My dear friend Debbi Street also dropped in to brighten my day! 🌞There are not enough hours in the day to be able to really catch up with this one! Although we reminisced about the times when we swapped kids every day and any night, we are both enjoying those same little rascals as adults! It was a sweet visit that I wish didn't have to end. 

This morning, I woke at 3 am with joint pain - feels like it's hot in my big joints - hips, shoulders, knees, and elbows. I find it interesting that I can feel chemo in the parts of my body that are healthy, but no feeling where it's (hopefully) killing the cancer. It would be a lot better if cancer screamed while it's being killed! HaHa!


Chemo Short - Day 1  - click here to watch my Tuesday video short



Comments

CrystalClear said…
Lol at the fact you want to hear it scream! I can actually picture you saying it. You were on my mind last night and as I grade your kiddos’ papers, I decided to drop in. My girls said hello. Brooklynn was looking for you! Keep up the fight!!
Anonymous said…
Still much in prayer! I read this blog before, but,this evening I read it with my heart! I feel like I just entered your home,and got a glimpse of your life! Thank you for bringing your friends and family together in such a personal way! It is a special blessing to be "introduced" to people whom the Lord has placed around you!
-Mary
Unknown said…
You probably don't remember me, I'm Jeanne Mathews daughter Stephanie. I'm sorry to hear about your fight with the dragon. I believe in you! You've been given a demon to defeat, and I know you are a dragon slayer! My mom always thought kindly if you and spoke highly of you. I'm sure that she is looking down on you with love and is praying for your healing. She was a stubborn woman, she isn't going to let this win. Another angel in heaven fighting on your side. Take care of yourself, sleep when you can and don't be afraid to ask for help.
You're in our prayers with love,
Stephanie Mathews Everett

Popular Posts