Weekend Rest and Retreat

September 18, 2020 

Bruce has gone into "doctor" mode! Look at the goodies he and Brittany picked for me! I've got about everything I could imagine needing. Of course, none of us have been "here" before, so the list may grow. LOL. I don't see any Poo-pourri! Oh no! 



It's Friday...and a special one...Monday I have outpatient surgery to place my chemo port. Tuesday will be my first chemo infusion. To ease anxiety and prepare for an unusual week, Bruce and I are headed to our ranch in Lovelady. It is TRULY our happy place! 

I am looking forward to hanging out in "The Pickin' Parlor" (our barn - see the pic below) listening to the juke box, reading a little, and maybe getting a little gardening done. A Gator ride or two (or three)  is a must as well (gotta check the fence line - that's my job). Bruce got us a "prize" this week..."Bud" and "Sissy" license plates for the Gator! 😂😂😂 We might just have to watch Urban Cowboy (again) this weekend for some good laughs!

I feel like I need this weekend to prepare myself mentally for next week. For some reason, the port placement has me anxious. I've never had anything "in my body" before and this thing is definitely in your body. It goes just under the skin on my chest. Time to put the big girl panties on, I suppose. 

I hope you  have as good a weekend as I am going to have! More from the ranch this weekend! 💗


Comments

jsznajder said…
You ARE loved! Praying for you, my friend. :)
Kelli Minson said…
You are loved by SO many and God will keep watch over you, he knows
You can get through this ! So do I !!!
You’ve GOT this Sistah .... here for you always.
Kim Timberlake said…
Praying for you as you embark upon this journey. I know God will use you and your story to minister to those around you and to bring Him glory. I am praying for God’s presence to overwhelm you and His love to surround you in the days ahead. 💗
Unknown said…
Enjoy your weekend my sweet friend! We will continue to lift you high in prayer. 💖
Don said…
I love you, Sis! Prayers flowing.
Mitzy Camp said…
Tricia, I just caught up with the situation on FB, then went to your blog. Girl, you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I’ve had way too many friends who have been diagnosed with cancer, but if anyone can beat the big C, it’s you! You have an unbelievable zest for life, a crazy sense of humor (I’ve always gotten it!), friends and family who love you more than you will ever know, a man who loves you like you’ve always deserved, and last but never least a God who has you in His hands.
You will be my last thought tonight and my first in the morning.
Love and hugs, dear friend,
Mitzy
Unknown said…
I love reading your stories and next time I'm in Crockett I will have to try Rosemary key note though avoid bathroom.

Popular Posts