Our journey begins...

 

Welcome to my blog documenting my journey through breast cancer. I’ll tell you, I have no idea what I’m doing creating a blog! But here goes!

My name is Tricia. This is me and my fabulous husband, Bruce. ♥️ We married in January 2019 and blended two beautiful families together to create an amazing family that has already loved and supported me beyond belief in every aspect of life!


In late August, rushing to prepare for returning to teaching, I scheduled my annual mammogram. In the following three weeks I would find out that I needed to be seen again for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound and ultimately a needle biopsy.


I went into the whole thing pretty much fearless because no one in my family has ever had breast cancer and earlier, in 2016, I had a needle biopsy that proved to be nothing cancerous. So, I was at peace with with everything, thinking this was going to be nothing at all.


On the morning of September 2nd, while I was preparing for students to arrive, my life-long gynecologist called with the results of the biopsy. I truly still thought I’d hear, “You’re good to go! See you next year!”


Instead, I was hearing words like “carcinoma,” and “aggressive!”


Since that moment, I cannot count the amazing blessings that have occurred! I am blessed to teach with women and men who love the Lord! I was praying with a friend within minutes of my news! From there, the encouragement and love has been overwhelming!

We tend to underestimate the power of love, friendship, prayer, and encouragement until we are on the receiving end of it...then suddenly you realize it’s actually keeping you afloat!


I am surrounded with friends who have supported me and prayed for me in more ways than I can count!


I know that God does not make mistakes. Do I deserve this? No! However, from the beginning, I will seek to glorify Him through this. I know that He has work to do through my suffering! There have already been things moving in our lives that may not have happened if I had not received this diagnosis. I will share those praises as I can! He WILL bring beauty from ashes!   



The next week looks busy with appointments and getting things situated at school. I’ll get my port put in on September 21st and chemotherapy infusions begin on September 22nd. I’ll post an update as things progress!

Comments

Unknown said…
You two are so cute!
Unknown said…
Love those pic's
And love you both so much
Have a Great weekend 😀
Unknown said…
This is great! Thank you for sharing your journey my sweet friend!
Love you!!
Anonymous said…
Hope y’all have the best weekend resting!! Love y’all so much!

Britt
Unknown said…
Going to be great weather this weekend for some time in the country! Enjoy!! Love you both!
Brandilyn said…
Two beautiful people! Thank you for setting up this blog. Your faith is amazing and I know we’ll all be blessed by it as we read our way along with you. Have a wonderful weekend! Love you!! ❤️
Mel said…
Tricia,
I have known you for over twenty years, and in that time, I have always known you as a woman of strength, valor, and a commitment to Christ. Thank you for sharing your journey. I will be praying for you across the miles. Love you sweet friend, Melissa

Popular Posts