Great Weekend

 September 21, 2020

As usual, I woke up early this morning after crashing a 8:45 last night! But, what a beautiful thing I woke up to...through the night and early this morning, several friends blessed me with uplifting and strengthening messages. Your prayers and encouragement have already lifted me today beyond my hopes and expectations! Thank you!

The weekend at "One Shot Ranch" was the perfect lead in to this week! It gets harder and harder to leave there at the end of the weekend! Especially with the weather we had this weekend! Cool and breezy isn't something we've experienced in...oh, I can't remember! haha!

You're going to see the funny, redneck side of Mr. and Mrs. Carter...yeah, it exists. My mom keeps saying to Bruce, "Where is my city girl? And, how did you get her to love the country?" I don't know mom, maybe all those things you said about quiet, serenity, one with nature, etc., finally reached my heart! You always do reach my heart eventually...you know it's always MY timing though! :)

I'll preface this photo with the fact that the movie Urban Cowboy has somehow become part of the fabric of the life of Bruce and Tricia. We quote that movie too often and laugh about the antics of Bud and Sissy which have, at times, been re-enacted by Bruce and Tricia. We always crack each other up with "prizes," and Bruce sure got a great one when he did this. I LOVE it! 

I spent most of the weekend going through about 300 records  (r45s) for our jukebox. It's soul soothing to me to clean and play the records scanning for scratches, etc. Thanks to Bruce's sister, Claudette and BIL, Jerry, I had two big boxes to dig through and select from. We ended up with about 86 records to add to the collection. That makes almost 200 records! Now its labels and sorting.

Pardon the pink sneakers! 

The weekend was perfect for relaxing and just getting my mental state where it needs to be. I'm feeling good about the week. Here are a few final pics to round out the weekend. 


   Bruce washed the RVs this weekend!             Barn with hay bales in the back

There's not many things more spectacular than a beautiful sunrise.
(Especially when it's 63 degrees outside!)

Love the comments! Keep them coming...they really do lift me up! 


Comments

Deedee said…
I've been praying for you all morning! Tribe strong! Love you!
Melody said…
Hugs and prayers. Love you guys!
Claire said…
I miss this little paradise! Love you mom!
Prayers sent up for you today dear friend! I’m so glad you enjoyed your weekend in paradise with the love of your life! Love love love you! ❤️
Natalie said…
We are praying for you guys! Lots of love being sent your way.
Annette Donovan said…
I hate reading cancer...no no no! I am sorry. BUT GOD...he can handle this bump in the road and I love that you have a sweetheart by your side and a good ranch weekend under your belt to help mentally prepare! You are loved by many and I am committing to praying for you- often and much! Love the picture of you two in the barn! ❤️ Keep us posted please!
Virtual hugs! #TeamTricia
Annette Donovan

Popular Posts