Port Placement

 September 21, 2020

I had set my mind for a good day. And it truly hasn't been bad...just way more stressful than I expected. My doctor called personally at 8:30 am to let me know he wants another mammogram STAT to make sure they placed a clip locating the tumor in my right breast. I happen to know that they did because imagine that...I was there when they smashed my breast 5 minutes after the needle biopsy AND clip placement. 

No go. He's requiring another. I spent an hour on the phone, then just said, "Nope." I told the nurses to get with the doc and figure it out. I am not the one who wants another mammogram, so I'm done for today.

Port placement went well. I had a funny team of friendly ladies help prep me, and the doctor is known to be one of the best...quick, neat and tidy. 









If you're not familiar with what the port is used for, here's a handy link:

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/what-is-chemo-port#1

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you! Praise for successful port placement, and Praise for being your own advocate! Prayers for wisdom and knowledge in standing firm straight through! Love you and much prayer for your next 1st day!
Crystal Haley said…
Miss you, praying for you and glad you are staying in good spirits. That is key. Anything you need please let me know.
raedhill said…
4th comment, grey matter seems to be unable to get them sent! Loving you and praying for you and Bruce. Sounds like you have started off on the right foot, you just keep telling them how it’s gonna be!! I mean a girl that lay up in the bed looking all sexy in that hospital gown and port already in, well she’s the boss. We love you and pray for you all through the day. Jerry prayed for your anxiety last night. Tell Bruce we are holding him right up there by you in prayer! We love you!
Rae Hill
Diane Moretti said…
Miss you more than you know, my friend. Praying for peace for you and speedy healing.
Brenda Kellen said…
Oh sweet Tricia! I’m so glad you’re keeping your spunk about you. It will serve you well during this fight. If you ever need company or someone to drive you to treatment and sit with you, I would be more than happy to drive down and do just that! Love you much!!
Brenda Kellen
Matt said…
God bless you Tricia! Praying for you!
RosaLee said…
Girl, I had no idea!! I adore you and your big strength and fight!! You are in my prayers- you got this. I’m here if you need me- you have my number. Love you! ❤️
RosaLee
Kaylyn said…
Tricia...Rodney and I are shocked at this news. Your faith, great attitude, beautiful spirit, and support from family and friends will get you through this. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers my friend! And I'm with you on the needle biopsy...I've had two for benign lumps...no fun at all!

Popular Posts